Thursday, June 21, 2012

Overnight Oats

Last year I was introduced to the overnight oat and my world of breakfast has never been the same. Who knew that soaking uncooked oats (can't technically call them raw unless they are the oat groats, which I do plan on trying out soon) could result in such glorious concoctions. The possibilities are endless. You really haven't lived life until you have tried an oat smoothie (future blog post, I promise). This morning I tried a new recipe using the overnight oats idea. It is packed full of lots of nutritious, energizing goodies that will get your day going with a bang. I think it would have been really good with fresh berries from your local farmer's market. Feel free to add your favorites to the recipe and make it your own.

Recipe

Serves 2-4

1 Cup rolled oats
2 Cups Almond Milk (homemade or store bought)
2 Tbs Chia Seeds
1 Tbs Cinnamon
1/2 grated apple
1/4 Cup Mulberries
1/4 Cup slivered almonds

Mix all ingredients in a bowl and store it in the fridge overnight. When you wake your breakfast will be waiting for you, cool and refreshing - perfect for these hot summer days. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment