Friday, July 13, 2012

Feeling a Little Dandy?

I cherish my morning coffee. Its not that I really need the caffeine, most nights I get my fair share of sleep, but there is something about the morning ritual that I just love. More often than not my coffee cup is empty before I am ready for it to be.

There is great debate in the health community about whether coffee's benefits outweigh its drawbacks, and I waiver myself on if I should be drinking it or not. Regardless, I do know that reaching for a second cup is not a habit I want to get into.

This is a big reason why I love Dandy Blend. It is an instant herbal beverage consisting of extracts of roasted barley, rye, chicory root, dandelion root and beetroot. It is an excellent way to quench my desire as it has a similar taste and texture of real coffee. It has a less bitter taste than coffee, but all of the complexity. It is 100% caffeine free, alkaline, contains 50 trace minerals, is gluten-free, low-calorie, and has many health benefits. Dandelion root is one of the top herbs in Chinese medicine and promotes liver detoxification. And who couldn't use that? 


I often put my coconut creamer into my dandy tea, but I also like it plain. In addition to drinking it warm, I have put it into smoothies and blended it with ice and almond milk for a frappuccino like drink. If you are trying to wean yourself off coffee, it works well to make a half coffee/half dandy blend drink. 


Dandy Blend is not available everywhere so I encourage you to check here to find the location closest to you where you can purchase it. I promise you won't regret it. Happy sipping!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for introducing me to dandy tea! I need to get some! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete