Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Summer in a Glass

I spent the morning with my good friend and fellow small business owner Nicole of Radford Design Inc. She has been an amazing mentor in starting up my business and today we were working on my website (coming soon - be excited, be very excited). After our work session we took a power walk through the neighborhood and caught up on the happenings of each other's lives while simultaneously solving the world's problems. When I got home I was extremely parched and craving a light and refreshing drink. Of course a smoothie is all that could possibly quench this thirst, so I quickly scanned the contents of our freezer and my newest creation was born. I call it 'Summer in a Glass.'  Although Jon's first reaction was 'it tastes healthy,' he assured me that he meant that in the most sincere way possible and it was really good too.



Watermelon Basil Smoothie


2 cups watermelon (frozen)
1/2 cucumber
handful of basil
1 cup water (or more, to desired consistency)
4 coconut milk ice cubes (see below for details)
2 frozen figs
1 Tbs chia seeds





Often times when a recipe (such as this one) calls for less than one full can of coconut milk, the remaining milk will sit in my fridge and go unused. What a waste of creamy potential, but no more! I thankfully was recently introduced to coconut milk ice cubes. You simply pour the remaining milk into ice cube trays, freeze and then safely store them in a container or plastic bag in your freezer. They make an amazing, creamy addition to any smoothie.

1 comment:

  1. I believe I used the term light and refreshing too. It was great!!

    ReplyDelete